System Learning & Dev Spec RNApply Job ID 2023-101719 Date posted 03/04/2023
The System Learning & Development Specialist-RN serves as a leader for learning and development within the organization. As such, he/she will assume a variety of roles: education facilitator, subject matter expert, coach, change agent, mentor, researcher, and consultant. The System Learning & Development Specialist-RN assumes responsibility for the oversight of learning and development needs of team members/departments/service lines for whom they have been designated to support. This role serves as an expert in learning needs assessments, identification of educational gaps, development and execution of programs to meet identified needs and evaluation of the effectiveness of training efforts while utilizing the ADDIE framework (Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation). As a member of the learning team, the Sr. Compliance and Education Educator is expected to uphold and support Wellstar in achieving its mission and goals, foster communication and collaborative practice between disciplines, and serve as a positive role model to promote professional practice. The System Learning & Development Specialist-RN must be cognizant of system level strategic goals to ensure their work reflects these imperatives and is translated into sound educational activities designed to influence behavior and organizational change. This work is done in collaboration with system and facility subject matter experts (SMEs) and leaders to ensure alignment and sustainability. The scope of responsibility for the System Learning & Development Specialist-RN will primarily consist of system initiatives and encompass both clinical and non-clinical team members.
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- Leader of Learning Learning Needs Assessment and Gap Analysis * Assesses and identifies educational needs and performance gaps in collaboration with leadership and Human Resources * Prioritizes initiatives according to organization strategic goals and regulatory requirements and compliance Education Design and Development * Designs education to address needs and gaps identified consistent with adult learning theories and instructional design principles * objectives that align with strategic organization goals and meets the needs of the learner * Designs learning resources in collaboration with SMEs such as participant guides, training manuals, course materials, leader guides, learning activities, and job aides to enhance the performance and development of team members * Establishes budget and resource needs related to education request * Develops learning programs to support change in process, policy, or practice with the goal of improving the care for the communities and team members served * Utilizes adult learning theory as a framework for the creation of best practice learning activities and establishes standards for competency achievement * Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to ensure learning activities are inclusive of all disciplines identified and meet any gender, race, culture, and generational differences * Leverages various learning tools to create blended learning solutions that include virtual training, online learning, and classroom training * Works with internal clients to create and curate content, design instruction, produce e-learning storyboards and integrate video content to deliver complete and well-developed e-learning and instructor led courses Implementation of education plan * Participates in the change management process through implementation of educational initiatives with a focus on sustainability of practice and behavior change Evaluation * Monitors, measures, and records learning activities and effectiveness using Kirkpatrick Model of evaluation * Reports evaluation findings and impact on key performance indicators and strategic goals to leadership * Maintains an accurate and up-to-date annual learning calendar (quarterly) and master course catalog which includes adding, updating, and retiring courses * Stays current in best practice and emergent technologies in the learning industry
- Coach/Mentor/Consultant * Serves as a consultant to leadership, Human Resources, internal clients, and medical staff as appropriate to assist with education plans, competency demonstration, and behavior change * Serves as a SME to Human Resources, leaders, and internal clients to provide insight on regulatory/required learning requirements * Serves as a leader of learning consultant to guide others in the appropriate assessment, design, implementation and evaluation of learning activities and programs.
- Professional Development * Fosters a culture of lifelong learning and personal development within team members. * Partners with internal and external resources (e.g. OL, Career Development, professional organizations) to ensure team members are aware of relevant resources that support their career and professional development. * Seeks professional development opportunities to continue to grow within learning and development
- Evidence Based Practice and Research * Utilizes evidence to guide the development of learning programs with regards to content, methods, and evaluation. * Partners with subject matter experts to ensure educational initiatives support current policies and expected practices based on evidence. * Utilizes local and system quality data to drive educational programs. * Supports the implementation of Lean and associated tools and methodologies to improve practice and engage teams around improvement.
- Resources and Support * Upholds and teaches all health care system/organizational policies and procedures and clinical competencies put forth by this job description and professional association including legal, regulatory and accreditation requirements and standards ensuring by way of example, such goals as TJC Patient Safety Goals and Wellstar Health Systems’ safety absolutes
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Strong Focus on RN with Labor & Delivery Specific (Fetal Monitoring Ideal)
Required Minimum Education
- Graduate of an accredited/approved program Required and
- Bachelor's Degree in nursing. Required and
- Master's Degree Preferred
Required Minimum Experience
- minimum 5 years experience in related field. Required and
- Experience in education, project management, and training Preferred
Required Minimum Skills
- Ability to read, write and speak English language
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency in MS Office products and the ability to incorporate technology in learning – previous experience with Learning Management System and design software preferred
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and respond to emergencies in a decisive, composed, and respectful manner
- Possess excellent time management skills
- Possess a strong understanding of adult learning theories and ability to utilize multi-methods to implement training/development.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, and the ability to influence at all levels within the organization
- Ability to use multi-faceted teaching strategies and consultation to drive behavior and organizational change
- Advanced knowledge of Kirkpatrick’s Training Evaluation Model
- Ability to evaluate training results and measure against key performance indicators
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- Reg Nurse (Single State) 1.00 Required 1.00
- RN - Multi-state Compact 1.00 Required 1.00
Additional Licenses and Certifications