Nurse EducatorApply Job ID 2023-102045 Date posted 03/07/2023
Nurse Educator for RN/LPNS-Outpatient
Various shifts available
Must be Chemo certified (or receiving recertification.)
Sign on Bonus eligible
In this role you will use your oncology nursing experience to assist current LPN/RN's on how to achieve thier very best!
The Clinical Coordinator Registered Nurse is a registered professional nurse who functions under the Nurse Manager or Assistant Nurse Manager and is responsible for providing leadership and assistance in facilitating activities/services for a department. The Coordinator has shared responsibility for supporting and adhering to standards of practices, system, and department policies and procedures, and ensuring quality patient care. Other responsibilities include assisting with ensuring compliance with regulatory and legal requirements by all team members, visitors and providers. Key responsibilities of the Coor Clinical RN include ensure satisfaction, appropriate reporting, coordination of departmental functions, process improvement, vendor relations, equipment and supplies, service recovery, employee trust and engagement, and staff education. The Coordinator will work in collaboration with the manager to maintain trust, retention, and recruitment. The Coordinator Clinical RN is a subject matter expert to all levels of nursing staff and nursing management for facility, clinical, and surgical practices. He/she fosters positive communication and collaboration practices for physicians and staff. The Coordinator Clinical RN is responsible for Performance Improvement and quality assurance aspects of functional area. It is expected that all nurses are licensed, knowledgeable and uphold the practice of nursing as outlined by the Georgia Professional Nurse Practice Act and implements the Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics Standards put forth by the American Nurses Association. As a member of the patient services team, it is expected that the individual upholds the voice of the patient, system policies and procedures while supporting service excellence goals
As a nurse educator in the oncology unit you will:
- Roll out new processes.
- Review gaps in service.
- Partner with serviceline.
- Enhance unit.
- Implement standards of practice, system, and department policies and procedures * Review and implement department policies and procedures. As a subject matter expert, recommend or propose changes. * Ensure understanding and compliance with standards and policies.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and legal requirements by all department personnel * Hold accountable the individuals in the practice areas to practice and policies and escalate concerns immediately as appropriate. * Maintain level of knowledge of current compliance requirements and pending change through professional education and awareness. * Serve as subject matter expert in functional area for all levels of staff and for education and information sharing. * Fosters open communication and collaborative practices between staff, other departments, and physicians/care providers.
- Partner with Management and Educators to provide appropriate training and learning opportunities for staff * Promotes safe environment for staff and patients. * Promotes professional nursing practice through education based on evidence based practice and ethical responsibility. * Manages and monitors the onboarding of new team members in collaboration with unit based educators and managers.
- Promotes and actively participates in performance improvement initiatives designed to enhance quality patient care and improve work processes and efficiencies * Partner with managers and staff to ensure fiscal responsibility through individual accountability, identification, and implementation of cost containment activities, reduction or elimination of waste. Empowers shared decision by fostering teamwork, open communication, and inclusion of diverse thought. * Research and present ideas on improvements in the areas of customer satisfaction, reporting and clinical services. * Uses problem solving and communication skills to bring forth performance improvement ideas and opportunities. * Uses established Performance Improvement criteria when addressing issues or recommending changes in practice, policies and procedures.
- Exemplary Practice and Outcomes * Performs the Nursing Process (assessment; diagnosis; identification of outcomes; planning; implementation and evaluation) in the performance of clinical care using evidence base practice, uses analytical/critical thinking and ensuring that care is individualized; coordinating care through effective partnerships recognizing that caring is central to achieve optimal patient care outcomes * Provides relationship-based patient centered care that is consistent with population specific characteristics (e.g. age, gender, disease, etc) in a manner that adapts service delivery to reflect an understanding of cultural diversity * Always partners with the patient and significant others (as appropriate) using such appropriate method for setting and purpose (e.g., bedside shift report; interdisciplinary rounds; just in time and planned patient teaching; keeping the patient and significant others updated and making the patient’s goals the focus of the plan of care. * Practices using current clinical practice standards.
- Teamwork and Collaboration * Coordinates the delivery and documentation of safe quality patient care that promotes the professional care delivery model. This includes, but is not limited to diverse and inclusive interdisciplinary communication methods (interdisciplinary rounds, case review, etc); completion of timely documentation and promotion of a respectful, inclusive clinical environment * Demonstrates teamwork and collaboration by practicing in a manner that is fiscally responsible and promotes the recruitment and retention of all healthcare team members. * Participates and supports performance improvement inclusive of all stakeholders, research and research utilization to promote safe, quality patient care including initiating and/or leading such activities as well as, promoting an inter/intra-disciplinary process and actively supports/participates in Clinical Champion Forum at the Medical Group level. .
- Professional Development and Initiative * Completes all initial and ongoing professional competency assessment, required mandatory education, population specific education. * Serves as a preceptor and/or or mentor for other professional nurses (and staff or students for all disciplines) to ensure that there is a current and future qualified workforce; modeling the professional practice of nursing and creating a healthy work environment
- Evidence Based Practice and Research * Promotes Evidence based practice, nursing research and performance improvement in nursing. Participates in activities such as value analysis as part of the decision-making process in evaluating patient care products. * Upholds all health care system/organizational policies and procedures and clinical competencies put forth by this job description and professional association including legal, regulatory and accreditation requirements and standards ensuring by way of example, such goals as TJC Patient Safety Goals and Wellstar Health Systems’ safety absolutes * Participates in data collection, poses relevant clinical questions to advanced evidence-based practice. Consults appropriate experts and uses appropriate resources and evidence to address practice questions.
Required Minimum Education
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing Required and
- Bachelor's Degree in nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing Preferred
- Must be chemo certified.
Required Minimum Experience
- minimum 2 years as a Registered Nurse in specialty area Required
Required Minimum Skills
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Possesses advanced clinical knowledge and skills in the field of practice.
- Demonstrates knowledge of standards related to the field of practice.
- Financial Management awareness and understanding of the concepts of interpersonal relationships.
- Strong customer service skills. Inter- and intradepartmental coordinator of patient care activities.
- Delegation skills required. Ability to multi-task is essential.
- Ability to function in stressful and emergency situations essential.
- Strong detail orientation required.
- Computer skills required, including Microsoft Office products, electronic medical records, and the ability to work within other software systems.
- Adept as a change agent.
- Utilizes a wide range of theories in managing complex problems or problem resolution.
- Demonstrates expertise in a commitment to the advancement of the nursing practice and professions, interpersonal communication, knowledge of group/system dynamics, commitment to staff education and development.
- Knowledge of nursing theory and research required. Compliance with American Nurses’ Association Code of Ethics for Professional Nurses is required. Demonstrates knowledge and practices within parameters outlined in Georgia Registered Professional Nurse Practice Act.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- Reg Nurse (Single State) 1.00 Required 1.00
- RN - Multi-state Compact 1.00 Required 1.00
- Basic Life Support 2.00 Required 2.00
Additional Licenses and Certifications