Care Coordinator RNApply Job ID 2023-102427 Date posted 03/19/2023
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Care Coordinator RN (CC RN) is responsible for assessing transitional care needs, coordinating care across the continuum, and engaging with patient and family to assure care needs are met. The CC RN plans effectively to meet the patient’s needs, manage the length of stay and promote efficient utilization of resources. Overall, the role integrates and coordinates care facilitation, care progression and transitional care planning functions.
Specific functions within this role include:
• Psychosocial and functional status assessment, transitional care planning, clinical care progression, facilitate
patient/family care conferences, participate in interdisciplinary rounds, and patient/family education
• Collaborates effectively with the utilization review nurse, patient’s physicians and the interdisciplinary care team to
provide a comprehensive assessment of the patient’s medical care needs, psychosocial needs, any social
determinants of health needs, goals/outcome attainment and continued care needs
• Assures that the patient is progressing towards their discharge goal and assists to alleviate barriers
• Seeks consultation from appropriate disciplines/departments as required to proactively identify and resolve
delays to expedite care and facilitate discharge.
• May have other duties assigned
Required Minimum Education:
An Associate Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing.
Required Minimum Licensure: Hold RN license in the State of Georgia or hold a privilege to practice in the State of
Georgia under the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC).
Required Minimum Certification: NA
Required Minimum Experience: A minimum of 1 year nursing experience in the acute care setting.
Required Minimum Skills:
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
2. Must possess maturity, self-confidence, objectivity, and positive attitude.
3. Self-directed with the ability to function well under stress, handle change, and function in a fast-paced environment
4. Strong assessment, interview, organizational and problem-solving skills.
5. Knowledge regarding local, state and federal regulations required.
6. Knowledge of community and state-wide resources and programs.
7. Ability to work collaboratively with physicians, members of the care team, and the patient/family to assist with
progression of care through their transition to the next level of care.