Core Faculty GMEApply Job ID 103985 Date posted 05/17/2023
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Devote sufficient time to the educational program to fulfill their supervisory and teaching responsibilities and to demonstrate a strong interest in the education of residents in ambulatory clinic.
2. Administer and maintain an educational environment conducive to educating residents in each of the ACGME competency areas.
3. Maintain clinical skills by providing direct patient care and precepting residents in Clinic.
4. Maintain an environment of inquiry and scholarship with an active research component.
5. Regularly participate in organized clinical discussions, rounds, journal clubs, ambulatory care rounds and conferences and encourage and support residents in scholarly activities.
6. Commit to the goals of the Program, including development of the resident medical knowledge, clinical, technical, management skills and clinical judgment and serve as an advisor to a complement of residents.
7. Attend all faculty meetings and appropriate staff meetings as determined by the Program Director of the Internal Medicine Residency Program.
8. Serve on the clinical competency committee and the program evaluation committee.
9. Participate in activities, which enhance Professional Growth and Development and serve on various medical staff committees.
10. Some faculty members will have additional administrative responsibilities related to specific leadership roles, according to other job descriptions (Associate Program Director)
Compensation plan values experience and we proudly offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, dental, vision insurance
Occurrence-based malpractice coverage
Short-term and long-term disability insurance
403(b) with employer match
Extended illness bank
Paid time off for vacation and holidays (excludes shift-based positions)
• MD/DO Board Certified in Internal Medicine. Ideal candidate will have experience in teaching in graduate or undergraduate medical education.
• Able to obtain Georgia Medical License
• Graduate Medical Education experience is strongly preferred.