Monitor TechApply Job ID 2023-101062 Date posted 03/17/2023
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Monitor Technicianfunctions under the direction of the Nurse Manager to facilitate safe, age appropriate and culturally aware patient care by observing cardiac monitors to ensure recognition of arrhythmias.
Cardiac monitor technicians are responsible for watching patients' heart rates and /or pulse oximetry and reporting important changes to the nursing staff; they often use equipment that tracks several patients simultaneously. They clean and maintain equipment and ensure batteries are charged and installed properly.
Additional duties may include clerical and receptionist functions, retrieval of data, preparing and maintaining patient charts, verifying current telemetry orders in an accurate and timely manner, and serving as the pivotal communication source to the clinical staff.
Required Minimum Education
- High School graduate or equivalent required
Required Minimum Experience
- Previous experience as monitor technician in an acute care setting preferred.
- Staff members with monitor tech experience are required to provide proof of participation in a EKG monitoring course such as Learn Rhythm of a comparable course
Required Minimum Certification
- BLS from American Heart Association required. Maintains competency and/or certification specific to departmental requirements
Required Minimum Skills
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate with health care providers to facilitate provision of patient care
- Ability to multi-task essential; Ability to function in stressful and emergency situations essential
- Strong detail orientation required
- Computer skills required
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred; Personal time management skills are required