Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency DepartmentApply Job ID 2023-101996 Date posted 03/17/2023
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Wellstar Kennestone Hospital has an opportunity for a Registered Nurse (RN)- Emergency Department
Significant Sign-On Bonus and Relocation assistance offered for qualified experienced RNs.
- The Registered Nurse RN Clinical Nurse – Emergency Department is a proactive member of an interdisciplinary team of licensed and unlicensed care givers who ensure that patients, families and significant others receive individualized high quality, safe patient care.
- They practice in a clinical environment that is administered by Nurse Managers and other leaders and is supported through the Wellstar Shared Governance Model.
- The framework for practice is steered by the Wellstar Professional Practice Model and evidence-based practice and research. RN competencies are derived from these models and supported by the Wellstar Values.
- It is expected that all RN Clinical Nurses –Emergency Services are licensed, knowledgeable and uphold the practice of nursing as outlined by the Georgia Professional Nurse Practice Act and implements the Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics Standards put forth by the American Nurses Association.
- As a member of the patient services team, it is expected that the individual upholds the voice of the patient, system policies and procedures while supporting service excellence goals.
At Wellstar, not one patient, symptom or treatment plan is the same—even in an emergency. The new, state-of-the-art emergency department (ED) at Wellstar Kennestone delivers quality and compassionate care to every patient, every time and:
- Level I Emergency Cardiac Care Center - Comprehensive, Personalized Emergency Care; ensures patients get the expert treatment in time to save lives, reduce disability and improve quality of life.
- Level II Trauma Center - Prompt, Compassionate Trauma Care - Level II Trauma Center with separate ambulance entrance for faster diagnosis, treatment and direct CT access when minutes matter.
- Joint Commission Comprehensive Stroke Center - Expert, Advanced Stroke Care - Joint Commission designated Comprehensive Stroke Center ready to receive and treat the most complex cases.
- Joint Commission Certified Comprehensive Cardiac Center
- Kid-Focused Emergency Care - Dedicated pediatric emergency department, specifically designed with young patients in mind.
Required Minimum Education:
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing preferred
Required Minimum License:
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Georgia or hold a privilege to practice in the State of Georgia under the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC).
Required Minimum Certification:
- Must have a current BLS card from the American Heart Association on the first day of employment in position.
- Some Specialty May Require ACLS, NRP or PALS – if required, must receive ACLS, NRP or PALS within six months of employment in position.
- Experience with direct patient care preferred
Required Minimum Skills:
- Ability to read, write and speak English language.
- Optimize the use of technology to support clinical care and holds basic computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative skills.
- Customer service skills required.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment and respond to emergencies in using a decisive, composed and respectful manner.
- Possess excellent time management skills.
- Provide care using evidence and analytical skills along with possessing strong critical thinking skills.