Security Engineer IIIApply Job ID 2023-102175 Date posted 03/14/2023
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Security Engineer III is responsible for performing technical analysis, implementation, and support of WellStar's security program. This role will participate in the implementation of security solutions, standards, procedures, and incident response & remediation.
The Security Engineer III must be a subject matter expert in network and host-based firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, vulnerability scanning, anti-malware and spam protection, secure data transmission technologies, and network monitoring/protection solutions.
- Deploy and manage security tools such as endpoint protection, encryption, firewall configurations, log management, intrusion detection, multi-factor authentication
- Recommend changes to standard processes and operating procedures
- Analyze information systems utilizing various cybersecurity techniques including packet analysis tools, forensics tools, intrusion prevention systems, firewalls, SIEM solutions, and vulnerability assessment software to aid in the detection and prevention of cyber-attacks
- Work with SOC to investigate and respond to security incidents
- Leading information security projects and implementing security technology
- Act as advisor for information security risks, threats and solutions
- Assist with security policy reviews, configuration standards, and 3rd-party audits
Required Minimum Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems (or related field) or High School Diploma plus 8-10 years Information Security experience.
Required Minimum Experience:
- 5 to 8 years in Information Security (8-10 years without Bachelor’s)
Required Minimum Skills:
- Analytical, Verbal & Written Communication, Time Management, Project Management, Risk Assessment, System, Process Improvement, Strong audit/assessment focus.
Required Minimum Certifications:
- One (or more) of the following security certifications: CISSP, CISA, or CISM