Sr. System Administrator Microsoft/VmWareApply Job ID 2023-102141 Date posted 03/18/2023
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Principal point of contact and the prime source of technical knowledge for Microsoft enterprise systems support andVmWare support. The candidate will be working with a team supporting a virtualized infrastructure and provide daily technical support and working with the Operations team and architects in developing and implementing systems and services.
Required Minimum Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred.
- Seven+ (7) years of equivalent relevant recent work experience.
Required Minimum Experience:
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in VmWare Administration.
- Candidates with VMWare Certified Advanced Profesional (VCAP) vSphere 5.x or higher certification will be given preference.
- Certified Microsoft MCSE preferred.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Broad Functional and technological knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and NT Infrastructure, FTP, network topologies, Windows Clustering, Web Services, Citrix, Terminal Services Printing, RAS (Remote Access Services), VMware Server Virtualization.
- Build, configure and maintain ESX hosts version 5.x to 6.x
- Experience with vSphere 5 and vSphere 6 in a datacenter environment in dual active-active datacenter environment
- Experience with vSphere Update Manager to update ESX hosts and VMTools
- Experience with vSphere Site Recovery Manager with EMC recoverpoint
- Experience with VMware Virtual SAN
- Experience with configuration of vSphere Standard switches and Distributed Switches
- Experience with vRealize Operations for Datacenter management and Horizon management
- Experience with scripting in PowerCLI and ESXCLI
- Experience with vCenter Server Appliance and Windows vCenter implementations Familiarity with vMotion and DRS capabilities
- Familiarity with VMFS datastores and RDM LUNs and storage provisioning from EMC and NFS solutions
- Familiarity with VMware Identity Manager product
- Familiarity with P2V conversion processes
- Familiarity with VMware vRealize Automation
- Understanding of Windows Server 2003-2012 best practices in a virtual environment
- Experience with HP chassis and blades preferred, Generation 8 and 9
- Experience with VMware Horizon View preferred
- Experienced in implementing security, backups and recovery
- Handle 24x7 on-call support on rotational basis and willingness to carry a pager
- Familiarity with industry best practices which includes network, data replication, security, and data exchange.
- Ability to configure server backups in NetBackup.
- Very detail-oriented and able to follow standard methodologies for troubleshooting and development.
- Must be highly professional and able to properly function in an enterprise environment
- Must possess soft skills necessary to be successful in a high pressure environment