Front Office Specialist T2LApply Job ID 2023-102038 Date posted 03/17/2023
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Front Office Specialist (FOS) is responsible for illustrating exceptional customer service and focus to Wellstar’s patients and customers. This includes greeting customers, registering patients at check-in and check out, answering telephones, scheduling appointments, cash management, and/or adiminstrative functions that support the practice’s operations. The FOS is an important team member in achieving patient experience, employee engagement, and financial goals. This position is considered a highly functioning position where the team member must be able to multi-task while at the same time communicate with various customers.
Required Minimum Education:
- Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
Required Minimum Experience:
- 1-2 years administrative front office experience in a physician practice or health care setting preferred.
- Previous customer service experience required.
- Computer skills essential. Medical terminology including coding needed (CPT-4, ICD-9, and HCPCS) preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance filing and requirements. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate and understand verbal and written English language and display a positive attitude while working in a team setting.