Sr. IT Field Support TechnicianApply Job ID 2023-102184 Date posted 03/11/2023
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Functions under the direction of the Manager – IT Field Service Supervisor. Sr. IT Field Support Technician –provides advanced system-level support of multi-user clinical and financial applications, and expert technical support through direct contact with end users. The Sr. IT Field Support Technician will also lead process development projects working closely with other technicians (both in applications and technical services) to document support requirements, develop new scripts, and train other IT Field Support Technicians.
Requires advanced knowledge of several systems, applications, and technology. Must also be able to deliver excellent customer service requiring strong communication skills to ensure a high percentage of problem resolution and customer satisfaction. Works with outside departments to understand end user support requirements, educate and train on current applications. Works with other members of the Information Technology staff, clinical departments and other WHS personnel to accomplish IT Service Management and Delivery goals.
The Sr. IT Field Support Technician improves desktop hardware and software processes and supports critical business strategies by managing the installation, maintenance and repair of desktop related equipment. Works with technical staff to ensure that client specifications are met. Familiar with a variety of Field Service concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports to the IT Field Service Supervisor. All other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Education:
- Bachelor’s in computer science (or related field) or equivalent experience.
- An advanced certification is highly recommended (A+, MCP, MCDST, MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, etc).
Required Minimum Experience:
- A minimum of six (6) years’ experience in customer service, field service, networking, local software/hardware and operating system support.
- Prior experience in managing a large-scale environment utilizing multiple operating systems levels and applications.
- Experience should include providing application/technical support, development/upgrades, and maintenance, with a proven ability to design and trouble shoot solutions.
- Experience in process improvement projects is desirable.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Functional expertise of desktop operating systems and hardware.
- Functional expertise of Local/Network printers/printing, and peripherals (i.e. Scanners, etc.).
- Functional expertise of desktop applications (i.e. Internet browsers, Email clients, and Microsoft Office products, etc.).
- Functional expertise of desktop hardware (Thick and Thin Client products). Functional expertise of networking (i.e. Microsoft, Cisco, etc.).
- Functional knowledge of network connectivity, infrastructure terminology, and wired/wireless support.
- Strong communication and customer relation skills.
- Must be able to communicate and work well in a team environment.
- Strong leadership skills to provide direction, education, and assistance to associate Field Service Technicians.
- Self-motivator and task oriented individual capable of working well with minimal supervision.
- Multitasking and problem resolution skills required.
- Sound judgment and analytical abilities.
Onsite - WellStar North Fulton Medical Center